Resin Painting For Beginners
Saturday, July 6th
9:30am - 12 noon
Instructor: Sherry HeyligerOver approximately 3 hours, local fluid artist Sherry Heyliger will guide you through the process of creating your own unique Resin Art piece that you can proudly hang on your wall!
Students will be provided with a 60cm round artboard, a wide range of beautiful pigments and an overview of the resin medium in order to create your own artwork with epoxy resin.
Participants will learn key techniques for creating Resin Art including:
- Understanding Pigment/Additive Relationships
- Detail & Lacing
There's a maximum of six students in this class so each participant will get one-on-one instruction, and students will leave with the all skills necessary to continue their creative journey at home. This class will also emphasize how to safely work with epoxy resin.
- We do not recommend this workshop for pregnant women.
- Wear old clothes and/or an apron as resin cannot be washed out (a disposable paint suit is recommended if you have known sensitivities).
- Safety equipment should be worn at all times (gloves and respirator at minimum).
Finished resin boards have a curing period of 24 hrs however they can be safely moved after they've set (roughly one hour), so students should bring a drop cloth or a garbage bag to protect vehicles while transporting pieces home (just in case!).
- NO EXPERIENCE NECESSARY
- All creative materials are provided
- Students will each need a heat gun so bring one if you have it
- Bring a respirator if you have one
- Wear long hair up or in a pony-tail